Welcome faithful readers, subscribers, and fellow thought criminals to the revamped, redesigned, and tastefully refined online home of The Occidental Quarterly. We have implemented an array of improvements to the site’s overall design, data infrastructure, subscription processes, and security protocols.
Our top priority with this redesign was to provide an easier, more streamlined method for readers to purchase and manage their subscriptions to our journal—which I will give a summary of below. As I’m sure you have already noticed, our other priority was to greatly improve the overall aesthetic allure of the site. We wanted the design to be sleek and modernized, yet have a powerful, rugged, and charmingly dangerous appeal. It is our sincere hope that what you see and experience on the new site is not only a welcome change to the same—if I may—lifeless, soporific websites you visit everyday, but also an encouraging vestige of the unrelenting ascension of our movement.
TOQ Subscription Changes
The Society has adopted a new pricing structure for The Occidental Quarterly:
- $30 for a “download” subscription worldwide.
- $60 a “hard copy” mailed anywhere in North America.
- $80 a “hard copy” mailed outside of North America.
What You Get
When you purchase a download subscription, you will be able to log into our new subscriber access area where you can download all issues less than one year old in high-definition PDF format (including the full-color cover). Currently, new subscribers will be able to download three issues.
The next issue of TOQ will be made available for download as soon as it is sent to the printer (typically one month before the hard copy would land in your mailbox).
Both the domestic and international hard copy subscriptions include access to the PDF downloads as well.
Members of the Society will soon receive an email with their login credentials for accessing the PDF downloads in addition to their hard copy subscription.
Why We Changed the Subscription Prices
- Escalating costs of postage and printing, especially outside of North America.
- The increasing preference for reading documents online.
We hope that the download subscription will create a compelling value proposition for students, for those living outside of North America, and for those who prefer to read online.
Another important overhaul we undertook was a complete redesign of our data and communications infrastructure. It has been expertly engineered so that all communications with us are made through a secure, 256 bit, SSL-encrypted connection on a dedicated server that we control. Your secrecy and privacy are extremely important to us and we have taken great measures to ensure your information is protected. We will never reveal your identity or contact information to anyone.
In addition to the online security protections we have set up, from this point forward all hard copies of The Occidental Quarterly will be mailed first class; the only form of mail that cannot be searched or have addresses on the outside of the envelope copied without a warrant.
We take the utmost precautions to protect you, your job and your business from ideologically motivated reprisals. We have done our homework, and the new website reflects best practices in security and privacy.
And now, with Kevin MacDonald as editor, we think The Occidental Quarterly offers a compelling content value coupled with a delivery system and a community of like-minded souls that you can join with complete confidence.
New Site Features
Our developer has implemented hundreds of new features and improvements on the site, so I’ll leave it up to you to discover most of them. Here are a few of the biggest and best changes we hope you’ll like:
- Subscriber Access Area – This new panel allows TOQ subscribers to manage their subscription level, access downloadable issues of the journal, update contact/shipping/billing information, and we’ll even be adding a community/chat area in the near future. Click here subscribe
- Email Subscriptions – Receive updates when we post something new to the blog sent right to your inbox. Just enter your email address in the form located in our sidebar.
- Online Donations – We now offer our faithful supporters the ability to make easy, secure online donations on a one-time or recurring basis. All the information entered in our new donation form is transmitted securely via a 256-bit, encrypted connection. If you’re feeling generous right now or perhaps even curious, please head over to our secure donation page.
- New Bookstore – Our fancy, new bookstore is definitely something you’ll want to check out. It offers the full functionality of an online e-commerce shop and makes purchasing our books online fast and easy.
- All-Purpose Contact Form – Now, instead of listing bunch of email addresses, we have a single contact form that will handle article submissions, subscription inquiries, and any other comments or questions you have. Depending on the selections you make, the form will automatically send your message directly to the appropriate person/department here at TOQ.
- Mobile TOQ – TOQ Online now has special version of the site specifically optimized for mobile devices! It looks great on any iPhone, iPod, BlackBerry, or Android phone as well as many other devices. Just visit our website from any smartphone and it will automatically display the optimized version (there is an option to view the normal version as well).
We certainly hope you’ll enjoy the new site and of course, we would love to hear your comments and feedback.